One lovely way to say how you feel is with flowers, and attaching a custom card or note. Flower card messages are usually short, 50 characters or less to fit within cards that are supplied by florists. As a general rule, it’s most effective to keep your sentiments simple, sincere and from the heart. These messages combined with a beautiful bouquet or floral arrangement can create a touching, lifelong memory.
Sympathy Card Message (Funeral flowers, Condolence)
It can be difficult to know how to put into words what you’re feeling when you want to express sympathy to a loved one, friend, or co-worker. You want to be sensitive but sincere, and hope your words can offer some source of comfort and make sure the recipient understands that you’re they’re for them. Be aware of the religious beliefs of the deceased’s loved ones, avoid religious messages if you know they aren’t religious to avoid causing any offense.
- ‘I/We are thinking of you during this difficult time’
- ‘My/our thoughts and prayers are with you.’
- ‘With heartfelt condolences’
- ‘With my/our deepest sympathy’
- ‘Gone but Never Forgotten’
- ‘Forever in our hearts’
- ‘We are so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts. She/He/Name will never be forgotten.’
- ‘Words can’t describe the sadness we feel over [the deceased’s name] passing. Please know you have our deepest sympathy and we are here to support you.’
For longer messages, feel free to include a personal experience or memory you shared with the deceased.
Happy Birthday Flower Message
When it comes to birthdays, flowers are a great way to brighten someone’s day. Here are some sweet and simple ways to wish someone a joyful day:
- ‘Happy birthday! Wishing you a year of joy, love and laughter’.
- ‘Best wishes for your [21st] birthday’.
- ‘I am so grateful to have you in my life. Happy birthday!’
- ‘Happy birthday to an amazing person’.
- ‘Happy birthday! I hope all of your wishes come true, today and every day’.
- ‘Happy birthday [name]. I hope your day is filled with the same joy and love you enrich our lives with’.
Romantic Flower Message
Whether it's for Valentine’s Day, date night, or your anniversary, there are many occasions where flowers can be an appropriate gift for your love! You want to have your partner swooning (a beautiful floral arrangement will thankfully take care of this for the most part!), and a thoughtful message is sure to elevate your gift.
- [name] You are so special to me.
- I love you so much, [name]
- Happy Anniversary my love.
- Beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman.
- Just to say I love you
- To the love of my life
Congratulations Flower Message
When you congratulate someone, a gorgeous bouquet is a great choice. It's a way to give somebody who has worked hard a sweet gift and recognise their achievements.Try these when you’re stuck on what exactly to say in your card:
- ‘Your hard work & perseverance has paid off. Congratulations on graduating! Enjoy your big day and may your future be bright & prosperous’.
- ‘Congratulations [parents names] on the birth of your beautiful baby [girl/boy]’
- ‘Congratulations! We’re so happy to hear the good news’.
- ‘Best wishes on all of your future endeavours’.
Just Because Flower Message
Sometimes, you want to give someone special a lovely floral arrangement for no particular reason. Surprise gifts like this are a great way to remind people they’re loved and cared about. Not sure what to say in this situation? Try these short and sweet greetings:
- ‘Just wanted to say I love you!’
- ‘Hope these flowers brighten your day’
- ‘Flowers just to say thanks for being in my life’.
- ‘[name] no one deserves beautiful flowers than a beautiful soul like you’.
Funny Flower Card Message
If you’re sending flowers for a broad reason or to cheer someone up, there are many silly flower puns that can be used to brighten your loved one’s day. Some examples include:
- ‘Not a daisy goes by where I don’t think about you.’
- ‘You’re my best bud!’
- ‘What’s up buttercup?’
Thank You Flowers Message
There are countless reasons why you might want to say thank you to someone. Be heartfelt in your message and the recipient will be sure to feel warm and fuzzy inside. You can adjust your message tone to be more casual or formal, depending on your relationship. Here are some of our own thank you message ideas:
- ‘Thanks for being there when I needed you.’
- ‘It was so nice of you to help me out the other day.’
- ‘We will always be grateful for all that you have done to help us.’
- ‘Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure’
- ‘My sincerest gratitude’
Apology Flowers Message
Apology messages can be one of the trickiest to write, as you are likely hoping for forgiveness, and your flowers and message can play a key part in this.
Sometimes a simple ‘I’m sorry’ card, when joined with beautiful apology flowers, is all that is needed. Some other suggestions we have for you are:
- ‘I am truly sorry for the pain I caused you.’
- ‘Please accept these flowers and know how sorry I am.’
- ‘Please accept my apology’
- ‘You are very dear to me, I hope you will accept my apology’
Now you have unique ideas for what to say no matter the event, occasion, or emotion you're seeking to convey. If you’re in the South Burnett region of Queensland, browse our floral arrangements and include a custom message for free.